Due to the disruption that COVID-19 has had on the lives and livelihoods of massage therapists, NCMC is committed to the support and development of massage therapists during this stressful time. Each class is limited to 100 participants, and pre-registration is required to guarantee your space.
January 19, 2021
Presenter: Caryn Boyd Diel, LMT
WA State Massage License Number: 60807569
Caryn is the founder of White Cloud Institute. A graduate of the Barbara Brennan School of Healing and a Senior Universal Healing Tao instructor, Caryn teaches Chi Nei Tsang; Taoist Abdominal Massage. She has written two books; one about Chi Nei Tsang and another on Daoist healing practices.
Presenter's website: www.WhiteCloudInstitute.info
Description of Class:
In this two-hour Zoom class:
Chi Nei Tsang is gentle massage of the abdomen with the intention of bringing more chi and movement to the internal organs. CNT results in better breathing as the ribs and diaphragm relax, improved digestion and elimination as connective tissue restrictions are softened. We will be exploring a simple beginning treatment session which will address the breath and facilitation of better peristalsis in the large intestine, with a focus on the Metal element in Chinese Medicine.
Handouts will only be available in the zoom class chat, if you want the downloads you will need to be signed in to Zoom.
REGISTRATION CLOSES 2 HOURS IN ADVANCE of each class to give us time to prepare the roster and send the Zoom invite.
How This Class Works:
- This 2-hour class will be live streamed on Zoom
- Registration is required, with a limit of (100) participants: if your plans change and you cannot participate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your registration so another therapist can fill the space.
- A confirmation email will be sent from email@example.com to the email address you provide upon registration; if you do not add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book/contacts, you may miss this email if it gets routed into your spam filter.
- NCMC will email you 48 hours before (or possibly sooner if the class sells out) with a Zoom link to join the class.
- PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FILTER / JUNK FOLDER / Gmail’s “PROMOTIONS” tab for misrouted emails BEFORE emailing us about the class link.
- We recommend setting your computer up with Zoom 5-10 minutes before class.
- When you click the link in the email it will give you step-by-step instructions, including a download link if the Zoom app is not already installed on your device.
- You can choose your level of privacy: simply listen in with a phone or computer, choose to view the instructor (recommended); you can likewise choose whether you are visible to other attendees.
- Each class is 2 CE’s in duration.
- NCMC will email your certificate to you upon completion of class.
* How Zoom Works:
This online class is presented through the “Zoom” video conferencing platform. You can use your desktop computer, a laptop computer, a tablet, or a smart phone to take this class. If you haven’t used Zoom before, this video provides a nice overview of what to expect and how to get started (if you wish, you can skip her preamble and start watching the steps at the 1:12 minute mark):