Due to the disruption that COVID-19 has had on the lives and livelihoods of massage therapists, NCMC is committed to the support and development of massage therapists during this stressful time. Each class is limited to 100 participants, and pre-registration is required to guarantee your space.
October 13, 2020 from 6p-8p
Presenter: Ariel Hubbard, LMT
WA State Massage License Number: MA60531582
Ariel Hubbard has been involved with holistic health since 1988 and has worked as a Massage Therapist since 1997. She has worked as an educator, speaker, and writer for the massage profession since 1996, beginning with yoga and developing over 80 courses addressing massage and energywork education. Ariel educates in hands-on massage, ethics, business, anatomy and energywork.
Presenter's website: www.arielhubbard.com
Description of Class:
In this two-hour Zoom class:
Covid-19 has created a changing landscape in every area of life, including in the area of required massage continuing education hours, as well as safe and ethical business practices. This Ethics course addresses recent law and rule changes by the Washington Board of Massage, made in June 2020--information you need to know. It also covers ethical and safe business practices during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Handouts will only be available in the zoom class chat, if you want the downloads you will need to be signed in to Zoom.
REGISTRATION CLOSES 2 HOURS IN ADVANCE of each class to give us time to prepare the roster and send the Zoom invite.
How This Class Works:
- This 2-hour class will be live streamed on Zoom
- Registration is required, with a limit of (100) participants: if your plans change and you cannot participate, please email email@example.com to cancel your registration so another therapist can fill the space.
- A confirmation email will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org to the email address you provide upon registration; if you do not add email@example.com to your address book/contacts, you may miss this email if it gets routed into your spam filter.
- NCMC will email you 48 hours before (or possibly sooner if the class sells out) with a Zoom link to join the class.
- PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FILTER / JUNK FOLDER / Gmail’s “PROMOTIONS” tab for misrouted emails BEFORE emailing us about the class link.
- We recommend setting your computer up with Zoom 5-10 minutes before class.
- When you click the link in the email it will give you step-by-step instructions, including a download link if the Zoom app is not already installed on your device.
- You can choose your level of privacy: simply listen in with a phone or computer, choose to view the instructor (recommended); you can likewise choose whether you are visible to other attendees.
- Each class is 2 CE’s in duration.
- NCMC will email your certificate to you upon completion of class.
* How Zoom Works:
This online class is presented through the “Zoom” video conferencing platform. You can use your desktop computer, a laptop computer, a tablet, or a smart phone to take this class. If you haven’t used Zoom before, this video provides a nice overview of what to expect and how to get started (if you wish, you can skip her preamble and start watching the steps at the 1:12 minute mark):