Due to the disruption that COVID-19 has had on the lives and livelihoods of massage therapists, NCMC is committed to the support and development of massage therapists during this stressful time. Each class is limited to 100 participants, and pre-registration is required to guarantee your space.
February 16, 2021
Presenter: Kelly Clancy, OTR/L, BCSI, LMT
WA State Massage License Number: 60318368
Kelly has been practicing in the field of rehabilitative medicine for over 32 years. Her focus is not only on the physical issues that may be present in disease and dysfunction but also on the relationship of stress, cognitive belief patterns and emotions. Her focus is using biotensegrity principles as a foundation for evaluation of the global structure, along with implementation of targeted light touch manual therapies, movement integration and dialogue as a means to create three dimensional balance within the whole person.
She is an occupational therapist, certified hand therapist, holistic health counselor and a board-certified structural integrator and massage therapist.
She teaches nationally and internationally on the therapeutic method that she developed called Tensegrity Medicine™. Kelly is on clinical faculty at the University of Washington’s rehabilitation department where she lectures on the topics of fascia, biotensegrity, innovative light touch manual therapies, and bodymind medicine. She also teaches internationally as a senior instructor for the Bowen Academy of Australia.
Presenter's website: www.kellyclancy.com
Description of Class:
In this two-hour Zoom class:
The Tensegrity Medicine methodology utilizes the latest in connective tissue science, neuroscience, biotensegrity, and mindbody concepts in understanding postural and movement patterns. This presentation will review some of the latest fascial research, show how a biotensegral lens of viewing the body can create more efficient evaluation and treatment interventions. A demonstration of Tensegrity Medicine assessments and light touch techniques will be shown to help the participants understand how targeted treatments create a whole body change.
Handouts will only be available in the zoom class chat, if you want the downloads you will need to be signed in to Zoom.
REGISTRATION CLOSES 2 HOURS IN ADVANCE of each class to give us time to prepare the roster and send the Zoom invite.
How This Class Works:
- This 2-hour class will be live streamed on Zoom
- Registration is required, with a limit of (100) participants: if your plans change and you cannot participate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your registration so another therapist can fill the space.
- A confirmation email will be sent from email@example.com to the email address you provide upon registration; if you do not add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book/contacts, you may miss this email if it gets routed into your spam filter.
- NCMC will email you 48 hours before (or possibly sooner if the class sells out) with a Zoom link to join the class.
- PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FILTER / JUNK FOLDER / Gmail’s “PROMOTIONS” tab for misrouted emails BEFORE emailing us about the class link.
- We recommend setting your computer up with Zoom 5-10 minutes before class.
- When you click the link in the email it will give you step-by-step instructions, including a download link if the Zoom app is not already installed on your device.
- You can choose your level of privacy: simply listen in with a phone or computer, choose to view the instructor (recommended); you can likewise choose whether you are visible to other attendees.
- Each class is 2 CE’s in duration.
- NCMC will email your certificate to you upon completion of class.
* How Zoom Works:
This online class is presented through the “Zoom” video conferencing platform. You can use your desktop computer, a laptop computer, a tablet, or a smart phone to take this class. If you haven’t used Zoom before, this video provides a nice overview of what to expect and how to get started (if you wish, you can skip her preamble and start watching the steps at the 1:12 minute mark):